When in Canada, where in the world does one buy bikinis for those 2-3 months of warm weather we may or may not receive every year? This is the most popular question I get since Victoria’s Secret stopped their swim line *sigh*, so I’ve decided to make this post reviewing all the bikinis I’ve ever gotten (which is way too may)! I will mention that I enjoy tops that are padded or thicker fabrics and bottoms that aren’t super tight or cheeky.
- As a guide, I have put stars next to brands I’d purchase from again!
Hanu Hawaii is a small Etsy store, where all their bikinis are handmade. When I came across this brand a year ago their prices were significantly less than they are now. Overall the bottoms I got were maybe $45 CAD total.
- Shipping isn’t overly expensive
- No duties and taxes
- Still cheaper than other more popular swimwear brands
- Most of their suits are seamless!
- Sizing varies (My bottoms are fairly tight and have no give to them)
- Long shipping times (a few weeks)
- The quality isn’t wonderful (my bottoms are literally two thin pieces of fabric sewn together)
- They’re always having sales!
- Padded bikini tops and seamless bottoms
- Wide variety of colours
- Decent prices, no duties and taxes
- I’ve had these suits for years and the colours have not faded
- Majorly comfortable
- The “more coverage” bottoms definitely don’t have more coverage
- USD – enough said
- Sizing varies depending on the colour of the bikini (I have the same exact bikini in yellow and black and the black bottoms are way tighter/smaller than the yellow hm..)
- Canadian brand – shipping is affordable and quick for once!
- Many designs and colours
- Neoprene – I am definitely not a fan of neoprene suits because they are hot and sweaty and usually way too tight regardless of the sizing (but hey! everyone’s different with the fabrics they enjoy)
- Thick, luxe material
- Very good sales – when they have them
- No duties and taxes
- Easy to mix and match tops and bottoms
- Sizing runs a tad small
- Shipping is expensive
- Takes a little while to ship
- I wasn’t a fan of the no padding in tops and how cheeky the bottoms were
- Amazing fabric! Super soft and super comfortable
- Their designs and colours are fabulous
- The fit is perfect (however be aware the bottoms are smaller/cheekier than I expected)
- Comes with an adorable neoprene swim bag to store your suit in
- Their shipping is kind of crazy – to be expected from Australia
- Duties and taxes… there was a good $30 CAD charge for one suit
- The fabric is thicker than most
- Super comfy because there’s so little to them
- Very basic colours and match with a ton!
- The back closures are wonderful and easy – also do not rub into your back
- Sizing is accurate
- SO expensive
- Duties & taxes were also insane (two tops cost me $180 plus $50 in duties.. yeah)
- The adjustable straps are not so easy to adjust and often get stuck (I’m too terrified to pull on them too much in case they break)
Kahluna the Label*
- Literally amazing is all I can say
- The sizing is perfect, padded tops, super comfortable, shipping is fast, no duties and very cheap!
- Unfortunately they are making changes to their website right now, so their suits are unavailable for the moment
- Fit like a charm
- Seamless bottoms are to die for – so comfy and not tight on the sides
- The prints are adorable
- Quick shipping, no duties
- $$$$ – just so expensive for shipping and the suits
- ALWAYS sold out
- Can only buy sets in one size
Midori Bikini* – My all time favourite
- Super comfortable
- Padded tops
- Thick, soft, quality material
- Fit wonderfully (This is the only swim company I’m a medium in and not a small)
- Always sold out – unless you get in right as they’ve restocked
- Fairly expensive (USD)
- Rarely any sales
- Duties and taxes
If anyone has any questions about anything I did not mention, feel free to leave a comment!
A little something extra… DISCOUNTS
Bikinima – A3527
Molly and Frank – MS1319
Just keep swimming,